Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sketch lines keep flipping sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CATIAuser

Mechanical
Oct 10, 2014
US
I have the attached part file that I am having a problem getting the lines to stay on the same side (or in the same Quadrant).

If you toggle the configuration parameter from 1 to 2, it does just what I would like for it to do. (To simply adjust the lines from on curve to the other but staying in the same quadrant.)
But if you toggle from configuration 2 back to 1, then the lines flip over to the opposite side of the sketch.

Is there any way to force a line to go in one direction or any way to keep it from flipping over?

This is a simpliied example of what I need, but the general idea is the same. The dimensions in the sketch are chord dimensions which is how I need to drive the locations of the points (or the end points of the lines). So I don't necessairly need the lines, but I do need the chord dimensions to go on the curve.

The configuration parameter toggles the Curve.3 from Sketch 1 to Sketch 2 and is defined in Rule.1.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

If you would be so kind as to attach a file if possible, it would be greatly appreciated.
I am using CATIA V5 22

Thank you,
Blain

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0105cf55-c14b-42f0-a909-d81156b6c0c4&file=DIRECTION.CATPart
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Also, I know when I have this problem with simplier sketches, I just use planes because you can control the direction of a plane, but I didn't see a way to use a plane in this example because there wasn't an option that I could get to do what I wanted.

Thank you,
Blain

Thank you very much IrishMariner.

I appreciate the link. I believe this fixed my problem. At least in this simplified part it did, so it is very hopeful.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Blain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back