Sketch on a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

fermjohnp

Mechanical
Jan 12, 2012
US
Hi Guys,

When i start a new sketch either on a part or existing part and i want to keep drawing, the sketch plane does not rotate normal to me. it simply disappears. I found that an option 'auto rotate in sketch plane' had to be highlighted but it doesnt matter. it still doesn't work. Also i checked my computer and it has the correct software and is up to date according to solidworks website where you can imput your computer hardware.

Does anybody have any ideas?

This is frustrating. it worked on 2011....

fermjohnP

Engineer and Programmer
MasterCAM X6
Solidworks 2012

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yeah or use a Normal to Icon on your Shortcut Toolbark Get a spaceball or just use CTRL+F8.

Or Switch to ProE Creo what have you.

Make Sure you are a Local Admin on your Machine otherwise SolidWorks will behave like a child and not listen to you.

After Checking The option and closing SolidWorks If it's unchecked on Restart of SolidWorks you have a registry permissions issue.

Unless you use help all the time or Have trouble hitting Alt to show the pulldown menus you can set your normal to hotkey to be F1 or N for Normal to usually n is for next edge. If the hotkey you assign exists SolidWorks will warn you anyway.

"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"

Michael Cole
Boston, MA
CSWP, CSWI, CSWTS
Follow me on !w¡#$%
@ TrajPar - @ mcSldWrx2008
= ProE = SolidWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back