Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sketch on plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

fermjohnp

Mechanical
Jan 12, 2012
US
This will seem weird but wondering if anyone knows why or how to fix this.

When i first started using soldiworks when i clicked 'sketch' and defined a plane, the plane would always rotate to the screen. It looked nice and such. After about a week on my new company labtop when i click on the plane to decide which plane i will draw on, the plane now disappears. I do know that i am sketching on that plane but the plane use to rotate into the view.

I was wondering if that happened to anyone else before. I have solidworks 2011.

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Rotate to plane option only occurs for the first sketch you make per part after that you have to Hit CTRL+8 to switch into the normal sketch view. The making hidden planes visible also only happens for the first sketch. The planes are most likely hidden if they are not shown in color in the Feature Manager tree. If you drag a selection rectangle in the feature manager or pick them each and pick Show from the pop-up menu they will show as long as the eyeglasses show hide flyout has planes shown.

If you want the sketch to always rotate to be parallel to screen Pro/E has this option but the normal to icon is easy enough to manually click. Or you can get comfortable with Sketching in 2d when not parallel to your screen.

Maybe the parts you worked on before only had one sketch. I've always known this to be an issue. If you want the rotate to sketch to be for every sketch submit an enhancement request. Enough people have requested this in the past so maybe one day it will happen.

"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"

Michael Cole
Boston, MA
CSWP, CSWI, CSWTS
Follow me on !w¡#$%
@ TrajPar - @ mcSldWrx2008
= ProE = SolidWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back