Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sketch problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

emc2673

Mechanical
Apr 14, 2004
US
I have encountered this problem in the past, where I am in an assembly and as I change things within the assembly I get those annoying red exclamation marks next to a part. SO when I check into the part the sktch is all messed up in regards to some lines are pink and other lines yellow and olive green showing that the sketch is no longer valid.
in the past I would just delete the part and start from skratch again so that I wouldn't have to deal with it. but now I have a very intricate part that I just do not want to delete, is there any way to re-validate this sketch without deleting the entire part and starting over? now keep in mind I have dimensioned this part in sketch but nothing seems to help.

any advice would be appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The sketch has relations (constraints) which are no longer valid as a result of one or more model changes. Open the sketch (from either the part file or edit part within assy if needed), select one of the flagged sketch lines, select 'Display/Delete Relations' (the eyeglass icon). Dialog will indicate broken relations; delete broken relation, close dialog box, create new relation. Repeat as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back