Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sketcher Dialog box message 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninpoikan

Aerospace
Feb 16, 2004
US
While in the sketcher workbench when I multiselect elements such 2 as lines or 2 circles and try to make them either perpendicular or concentric repectively by using the sketcher dialog box after selecting both elements and selecting the constraint icon I get the following message.

" This constraint is created only temporarily.If you want to make it permanent you neesd to activate the geometrical or dimensional constraint switch before clicking ok "

I have no idea where this switch is located.
Thanks for all the help this website and this forum is outstanding.I hope to get to the level where I can start give the answers instead of posting the questions some day soon. Thanks to you all. the Internet is great!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Ninpoikan,I have also got this problem once,but when I have closed catia and restarted my system,this message dint came,I donno the reason for this message but u better try to restart ur sys.I hope it works for u,

bye
Naveen

Under Tools/Options/Mechanical Design/Sketcher you need to run on the Create geometrical constraints. With this on, you will be able to create these constraints pernamently. There is also an icon in the sketcher that will allow you to turn this on and off.

Jen

Jen

Can you describe what that icon looks like? I guess that's the " SWITCH " to which the message refers but I have not been able to find it.
Thanks
Ninpo

I believe that you are looking for the icons in the “sketcher tools” toolbar. Next to construction/standard, there are to other ones: Geometrical constraints, dimensional constraints. (Go to view/toolbars/tools if you don’t see this toolbar)

If the Geometrical constraints icon is not on, the constraints that you put will only position your elements but not constrain them for good. That should explain the warning message you had.

Good luck!

Alex Laurenceau

Thanks to all.
About the sketcher tool bar that comes up horizontally.I have not had any luck in keeping that " Sucker " put. I have only had it up last night. Last night I was messing with it since it was the first time it came up and I must have toggled that switch off. I still can not bring it up.
on command. It could be hidden tho.
I wish there was a way to make all these icons into a word menu like on v4.
thank again to all

If you have it on under view/toolbar as Alex said, you should be able to see it. If not, it may be off in space somewhere. If that is the case, you may need to reset your catsettings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back