Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sketching in a draw view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudeman555

Automotive
Feb 10, 2006
US
Hi all, can someone tell me what happened to the familiar sketch tools on the Drawing Home ribbon?
I'm using version 1973
02_eqq7sc.jpg

Here you can see it in versions 9 and 11,
01_lyghth.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is there any way of putting the sketch functionality back on the Home Tab so I don't have to switch back and forth
between the home and sketch tabs? I was able to get the open and finish buttons on there, but not all the line/curve buttons.

You can freely add any button to any place in NX, right click somewhere among the icons and select "Customize":
Anything you do when this dialog is up will only affect the user interface, and you can always reset the user interface using the "Roles".
You can drag icons from the toolbars and menus, you can drag drop anything anywhere.
and you can add missing things from the dialog to the toolbar. I do not have this specific NX version so the description is a little uncertain:
in the left area of that menu, expand "All groups" and scroll to see if there is a "Sketch", if there is, select that , then in the right area, if there appears a "Sketch curve", drag-drop that to the toolbar , to the position, where you would like it to appear.
If everything looks good, close the customize dialog.

In the resource-bar ( below the assembly navigator / part navigator etc) there are a tab named "Roles",
open this and right click in the whitespace - new user role.
set some good name , tick the option "Content and presentation" and hit OK.
this "role" now contains your user interface changes. If needed , you can then swap user inter face settings to the default roles and revert back to you setup by selecting the new role.

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back