Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sludge Consistency Measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulpeng

Mechanical
Jul 24, 2007
CA
Anyone use a good sludge consistency measurement device for feeding centrifuges? I'm looking at the LQ500 - anyone have experience?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

2.5 to 3.5% - a combination of Waste Activated (1% Solids +/-) and Primary clarifier sludge (8% solids +/-). Dilution through use of water. Currently a manual process creating large swings depending on operator attention.

O.k. But what do you want to measure? You wrote consistency. Do you mean viscosity? If so, why is it so much of importance? 2.5 to 3.5 % solids concentration. That is still close to water in terms of viscosity.

Sorry for asking questions and not giving answers. But that might still happen when I fully understand your post.

I need a way to qualitatively define the amount of solids going to the centrifuges. I have a flow rate so now I need some sort of consistency or density measurement. Visocsity isn't particularly useful since the sludge isn't consistent or linear or predictable with velocity.

Maybe I'm missing how concrete batching has anything to do with wastewater? Totally different types of processes and solids suspensions.

As far as nuclear measurements I'd prefer to stay away from it. (With my hands covering reproductive areas). Just extra hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back