Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slurry Pipeline Design Using Slysel

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanier

Mechanical
May 20, 2001
AU
GIW Industries have software that is useful in designing slurry pipelines. Are there any users in this forum that are expereienced with this software. Would anyone be interested in supporting a speparate for forum for transport of solids by pipeline?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Stanier,

I have used Slysel once, but I wouldn't say I'm familiar with it. I've been collecting information on the theory behind the software to better understand it's output.

I would support a forum as you have proposed.

GIW has really upgraded the SLYSEL software over the past 2 or 3 years with a bunch of new features and very user friendly. I think the forum is a great idea - but should it be here, under the PUMPS forum, or in a separate forum? I've got a contact at GIW - perhaps he could set it up or monitor it. If you folks would like, I can ask him.

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
-- by Albert Einstein

Hi SPrintcar,

I think if GIW were to sponsor such a foirum it would be a low cost way of advertising. It owuld also relieve the pressure on their resources to provide assistance as we the users would be sharing ideas and knowledge. They can tap into the knowledge bank any time.

By the way the third edition of the ir book Slurry Transport Using Centrifugal Pumps is a great aid to design.

I agree. There should be a separate forum for Slurry Transport.

Sprintcar, let me know privately if you can get a hold of an engineer at GIW. I have some ideas to run by them.

Thanks!

Mantiev,

Graeme Addie is probably best person to contact. He is co author of their book Slurry Transport Using Centrifugal Pumps.

I just found out that Mr. Addie is leaving the hospital today (Friday) after surgery. He will be out 4-6 weeks.

If anyone wants to send him a get well card, they will drop them off at the house.
His work address is

GIW
5000 Wrightsboro Rd
Grovetown, GA 30813 USA
Attn: Graeme Addie - Personal

manteiv - I think if you go to the GIW website, there's a contact email to sales - ask them to forward your request to the Project Engineer. That's probably the best contact at this point.

They said they are still looking for one of their in-house folks to help with Slysel in here... will keep you posted.

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
-- by Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back