Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMADA 6.46

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWF7437

Civil/Environmental
Dec 22, 2002
US
Having some problems with this program and have been unable to get answers from the program authors, so far.

Are there any users of the program SMADA on this forum who might be able to help?

I'm trying to create a unit hydrograph in the program and then route it through a detention pond. No luck at all to date.

In case you're not familiar with the program, here's a brief description:

The SMADA programs were written to accompany the textbook
Hydrology: Water Quantity and Quality Control 2nd Edition by
M.P. Wanielista, R. Kersten, and R. Eaglin. The text is
available from John Wiley and Sons publishers.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I used to use SMADA all the time. It is a great program that is free (without documentation). Its so simple it doesnt really need documentation other than the help files included with the program. I ofton used it in combination with other programs as a check. Anyway I'm no expert, but it worked as advertised for me. BTW, the referenced text book wasn't much more help than any good hydraulics reference. I think I threw mine out at some point since no published test is ever as current as what you can find on the net.

gvdor,

Thanks for your reply. I have contacted Prof. Wanielista who says he thinks there may be bugs in some parts of the program but they can't be fixed immediately since he's busy with other things.

If you don't mind, please tell us what you use now instead ?
HEC-HMS, or WMS or something else ?

Russ Faust

Russ,
I used to use SMADA and it is a good program. However I now use Hyrdrographs by Intelisolve. It is very user friendly and you can run several storms at once. Also it is inexpensive - under 300. Let me know if you have any questions i can help answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.