Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small hydraulic motors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

agthompson

Mechanical
Nov 26, 2002
US
I've been looking for a source for a hydraulic motor that has a torque output of 4 to 10 in-lbs and capable of smooth steady rotary motion at less than 20rpm. I have found some motors by Kracht that are in the right torque range but are only rated down to about 200 rpm. Any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks MintJulep,
The problem is that the motor needs to be mounted on a 400:1 reducer already and that is driving another pinion that drives a 12:1 gear train. This is a table that will run really slow! I was hoping to avoid the stack up of reducers.

Brother makes some strong high reduction gear motors. The catalog only lists them up to 1800:1 but they will stack them for you. Very efficient boxes also, all through hardened hypoid or helical and not real expensive. You may be able to go to a much higher reduction and use an electric motor and VFD/Vector drive.

Barry1961

but if you must stay with hydraulics, most motors will fit your need. It becomes a function of pressure and flow more so than the motor's physical properties. Physical size is one thing, but you've not described any criterim for that. In fact, the larger the motor, the easier it will be to limit speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back