Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

smart fastener recurring problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgiy

Chemical
May 5, 2003
US
SW2003 sp3.1

On several assembly I have created I have inserted smart fasteners.

From time to time (not knowing what causes the problem) I see the following error on rebuilds...

Smart Fastener1: Warning: Hole series has changed. Please verify that current fastener is correct.

It's a pain because I have to right click on the fastener and "mark up to date" or verify by opening the smart fastener dialog and confirming my fastener selection.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
DG

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm guessing since I don't use smart fasteners much, but it sounds like some of the parts have been changed in some way and perhaps the surface I/D's are not identical for the mates. That does not necessarily mean that the changes directly affect the shape of these actual surfaces. Maybe naming them might help?

3/4 of all the Spam produced goes to Hawaii - shame that's not true of SPAM also.......

I was getting these errors as well under SP3.1 but since updating to SP4.0 they seem to have been resolved. But then again I can't recall doing very many smart fastners since the update...

One thing I did see that could cuase this problem from time to time is if you edit the surface the fasteners were originally placed onto... Change the shape. make any cuts or extrusions to the surface. This may not be what is actually causing your problem, just something I noticed during my assemblies and trying to use smart fastners.

I hope this helps,

Dale

One other thing I just thought about.... Do not know how much of a bearing this has on anything. Maybe someone could verify this fo us... But when you updated to SP3.1 did you upgrade your toolbox as well? I know I did not do the toolbox upgrade on SP3.1.. But I did make a point to do this with SP4.0 when I installed it..

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back