Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SmartSketch V5.0 Running with MATHCAD V14 Issues and general quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmenich

Structural
Apr 29, 2008
CA
I'm trying to use Smartsketch 5.0 with mathcad 14. I know that the newer versions of Smartsketch do not work with this mathcad version, but was told that this one would. It works, sort of. Is anyone using this combination? I can't add inputs or outputs to the component once its in Mathcad. So what i've been having to do is draw everything in smartsketch then import the file to Mathcad. This has been really time consuming because my sketch has over 50 variables and every time i have to edit anything i need to start over. Is there some sort of setting I have wrong? Or anyway to get around this?

Question#2
Can I create calculation driven sketches with any other of the components? Is smartsketch the only viable way to do this?

Question#3
I have figured how to link general dimensions to the sketch, but is there any way to use an if statement in the sketch? In my case, The number of bolts in my bolt pattern changes, can I reflect that in the sketch? I've tried to make the spacing zero in the hopes the bolts would just overlap, but for some reason it doesn't like that.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Q1. Unclear and unknown. You might try reinstallation. That always seems to be the answer du jour for anything Mathcad.

Q2. Unknown. Nothing is absolutely impossible, given enough VBA, or VBscript, and time. One could imagine any other program with scripting capability to be capable of being interfaced with Mathcad.

Q3. Sounds more like a scripting application than a straight parameter application. You'd figure out the required number of bolts and either determine the locations in Mathcad, and pass the locations to a script that would place the bolts. Or, the script with calculate the bolt positions from the Mathcad quantity and place the bolts.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back