Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SmartText for Solid Edge V.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperlassen

Mechanical
May 13, 2003
DK
Can anyone help me find a link to a small program called SmartText. The program gives easy access (double click) to typing in the text in the draft, such as name, date ...

Thanks in advance

Jesper

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think that you are looking for a way to fill in your title blocks and/or other areas of your drafts automatically. If this is the case then go to your Callout button and click on it, then click on the properties tab at the top. On the callout properties box that pops up there is a button called property text. This button has an "A" on it. From here you can reference what you filled in on your part, assembly or draft properties.

Hope this helps.

RFJ

RFJ:

When I first launch SE Draft environment, a default template with SolidEdge title block (Some of text are in blue while other are in black color). I follow your instruction - Select Callout (lower cas a with a leader icon) and still unable to edit the title block. The text in title block don't hightlight when I hove my mouse pointer over it. Am I missing something?

Advance thanks for your time and help.

John

If you are going to edit your title block you need to go to View and under View click on Background Sheet. The Background Sheet is really your template where you can put in your links that will automatically draw information from your parts when you insert a part on to your draft sheet.

A Callout with a leader can be used to call out anything that you have put into your properties of your part or assembly files. You do not need to be on your Background Sheet for this. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back