Smoothing bounded edges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putzola

Computer
Aug 25, 2009
ZA
Hey guys,
I'm a part time SE user and I've run into some problems creating smooth surfaces in ST4. I'm not sure if it's the correct way to go about modelling this object but it's almost like a half teardrop shape that I've created using curves and derived curves which I used to make a series of bounded surfaces. It all looked like it came together as planned but after printing the first prototype I noticed that where the bounded surfaces are stitched together there are some small creases which are just visible in the shaded view. The curves used to create these edges were made from single smooth curves which were used to create derived curves and then split so in theory the surface should be smooth... right?
I don't really know any other way to do this.

Image attached.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I haven't time to look in detail at the moment but there are options on the bounded surface command to maintain tangency to other surfaces. By creating some construction surfaces you might be able to get rid of the crease down the centre of the top surface.

bc.
Core i5-3570 @3.4GHz , 8GB RAM
Quadro FX4600. W7 Pro 64-bit.

Thanks Beachcomber,
I was looking for options in the stitch command instead of the bounded surface command. Seems to be an improvement but hasn't solved the problem entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back