Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNACK and AutoCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorenfdk

Marine/Ocean
Sep 3, 2001
DK
Hi everybody!
We have a problem which we hope someone can solve for us!
SNACK (which is no longer supported) can save airfoil coordinates in DXF-format. We have tried to import the coordinates in to AutoCAD 2002, which went fine, but the drawings in no way resembled an airfoil!
Where did we go wrong?

Søren Flening
CDE Danish Marine Design

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not familiar with SNACK, but if the program can list the points used to create the airfoil, copy the list of points from the command line (if it has one!)and paste them into the command line of AutoCAD. If you list the points in SNACK while a known point is on 0,0, then in AutoCAD draw a polyline, starting at 0,0 then paste in the list of points and this should draw the profile for you.
Hope this helps!

I have SNACK, and AutoCAD 2002. I just tried a "Save As" DXF format, and did a "DXFIN" command in AutoCad. Worked just fine.

Let me know what airfoil you need and I can save it out for you in .DWG format, if you want.

Simone,
Could you please send me a copy of yor excel file that creates the dxf file. I need something like this urgently to help me create thousands of the same drawing with different dimensions.

Thanks!

psychic_79@hotmail.com

Simone,

Did you e-mail me a copy of your excel file. If you did, I apologise as I seem to have lost it. Any chance of another copy.

NMDesignsLtd@aol.com

Many thanks,
Neilmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back