Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snow & Wind loads in Checkoslovacia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeTheBike

Structural
Dec 8, 2000
GB
I am an English and have been offered the chance to design a factory unit and mechanical plant for Checkoslovacia. I am toild that the authorites will accept a design to UK codes of practice. Can anyone guide me as to what snow & wind loads to use? Also what would the minimum foundation depth be for frost heave.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Basic snow load on the theritorry former Chzechosolvakia is from 0.5 kPa too 1.5 kPa its depend on the location. Czech Republic for example Prague,Hradec Kralove, Pardubice , Mlada Bolesav, Pilsen 0.5 kPa,Jihlava Havlickuv Brod 1.0 kPa,Zdar nad Sazvou 1.5 kPa, in Slovak Republic Bratislava 0.7 kPa , Zvolen Banska Bystrica 1.0 kPa, If you now the location based on CSN 73 0035 ( Czech and Slovak code "Action on the structures ") and map of the snow load regions you are able find the basic snow load for the site location. Conserning the wind load basic wind pressure is 0.55 kPa also is depend on the region but it is no so diferent as snow load.

regards
Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back