Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snow and ice guards

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutchie

Structural
Sep 19, 2003
CA
We are currently involved in a project where we need to provide snow and ice guards for a building. It is an arena with a metal roofing over wood construction and because of some unfortunate heat trapping, snow and ice tends to accumulate in unwanted areas. We would like to know who may have worked with these products and what the preferred options may be. We are aware of screw down and stick on types and do not have an opinion on what may be the best.

Any input is appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not quite understand your problem. There is only one building - the arena? Because of the accumulation in unwanted areas you need to provide snow and ice guards there? How do the guards suppose to do? like the snow fence or ice guard along eave?
Give more info.

I've use the "glue" on type of ice guard and found them to work fine. You can find ads for the various types and manufacturers in a number of trade publications like ENR, Building Design & Construction etc. Call a few manufactureres and for their product data sheets. I don't care for the screw in type, roofs have enough holes in them.

I've used the "glue" on type of ice guard and found them to work fine. You can find ads for the various types and manufacturers in a number of trade publications like ENR, Building Design & Construction etc. Call a few manufactureres for their product data sheets. Also, be sure to check with your building or roof deck manufacturer, they may supply them too or have some good insight into using them with their building.

I don't care for the screw in type, roofs have enough holes in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back