Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

So what's this new release all about then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4rc

Mechanical
Jan 25, 2005
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know what the release of V21 is all about? I've been able to find out very little from our supplier, although we've been invited to a demo in June...

The most I've found out is on this reseller site - which isn't a lot, but to quote them 'Countdown to the 3D CAD Revolution, when a new age in CAD software will be born.'

Anyone got any info?

Cheers,

M

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Word on the web is that these new features are nothing new, just copies of features already available in Spaceclaim.

Having never tried Spaceclaim I can't really comment on that, but maybe some else in this excellent forum can.

I've tried SpaceClaim and direct editing is how it seems to work.
However, with this "new" technology in SE it appears you can have a mix of direct editing and parametric etc.
Although I can see uses for direct editing of dumb imported models, I don't like the idea of mixing it with parametric profiles etc. What happens when you move a face that has a sketch dimension controlling its position ?

bc.
CAD2 Imagine Workstation
2.4GHz Core2 Quad
4GB RAM
Quadro FX4600
24" Iiyama widescreen

Short posting from the SE newsgroup

The technology is significantly different. SpaceClaim for example uses ACIS and doesn't have a constraint solving engine. Synchronous Technology is actually a layer (shared by NX and SE and not available externally) built upon D-Cubed and Parasolid and both leveraging them to the hilt and adding new technologies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back