Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software emulation for RSLogix??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyM

Electrical
Apr 28, 2003
CA
Does anyone know of any software that will emulate a PLC to test projects without using external hardware? I would like to test my RSLogix projects before having to d/l them to hardware. I know it's a part of PicoSoft, it allows you to run your programs right on your computer and shows you the inputs that you can click on to simulate the real thing and shows the outputs as lights. I would like to find something similar for RSLogix.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suggest you contact your local A-B (or Rockwell Automation) rep. Or check out:
RA sells RSTestStand, which sounds like it will do what you want. It simulates the I/O to your PLC.

With RSLogix Emulate (5 or 500), which emulates your PLC processor, you could have a virtual plant, making virtual money. <G>

There are some other plant simulation software programs available, but since you mention RSLogix, RA would be your best bet.

Contact your Rep, Rockwell has a Emulator program and that is name of it. It works well I use it. The only note is that you can not make on line changes.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back