Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software for product "Fly-Thru"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowman

Mechanical
Dec 1, 2004
US
Hello all.
I am currently in a project that is creating solid models of buildings that house the equipment that our company produces. When finished our goal is to be able to show potential customers a file that they could "fly-thru" to see how our equipment would look in their building. Does anyone have any suggestions on a software that could produce this from a SolidWorks model. This would need to be a file our dealer network could use so it may need to be either placed on a company website or software that would be included with the file such as E-Drawings. Thanks for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SolidWorks 2006 has the ability to attach a camara to a part in your assembly. Then you can make an animation "flying" your part thru & save as an AVI file. I found verbiage on page 10-18 of the What's New manual. I've only played with this. But I saw a demo & it looked pretty capable. We also have NavisWorks in-house. It works great & will read SolidWorks files.

Windows 2000 Professional / Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
SolidWorks 2006 SP02.0 / SpaceBall 4000 FLX
Diet Coke with Lime / Dark Chocolate
Lava Lamp
www.Tate3d.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back