Software updates? Which one first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeCircle

Civil/Environmental
Sep 5, 2013
CA
Hi,

When updating NX do I install the Maintenance-release first or the Maintenance-pack?

Thank you

John

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Install the latest MR (maintenance release), than any MP (maintenance packs) that you require for that version.

-Dave

NX 9, Teamcenter 10

Hi Dave,

Do I need to install each MR or are they inclusive,10.0.1, then 10.0.2, then 10.0.3 or can I do just 10.0.3? Same for the MP, do I do these individually?

Thank you!

John

Both MR & MP are inclusive, so MR 10.0.3 has 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 in it.
10.0.3 MP6 will have the previous five 10.0.3 MPs in it.

Always go to the latest of each that you are advised to use.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX11 with almost every MR (24versions)

Hi,

I installed the MR for NX11 but when I try to do the MP I get this error (see the attached photo).

Any ideas?

Thanks

John

MP1 is for NX11 Once you install the MR you are at NX11.0.1.

You'll have to wait until a MP for 11.0.1 comes out, and then decide if you need it. I think Siemens recommends only the MR's, unless you have a specific need for an MP.

-Dave

NX 9, Teamcenter 10

If you have installed the MR to update to NX 11.0.1, then you have the latest version (as of this post); there is no MP (yet) for NX 11.0.1. GTAC (the NX help desk) generally recommends that you install the latest MR, but do NOT install MP's unless it fixes a specific problem that you are having.

The warning text you see is telling you that this particular patch (MP) is intended for an older version (MR) of NX. Since the MR is newer, it includes all the fixes contained in the MP.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back