Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SoidEdge Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Roughly $5000 plus $1200/year maintenance, last I heard. Call SE or a local reseller and ask them in order to get verified values.

--Scott

For some pleasure reading, try FAQ731-376

If you are in the UK it's £5000 !!!! - what's that in $ ?
+ 25% of purchase price for 1 year maintenance or 20%/year if you buy 3 years maintenance.
Can I buy a copy from the US for $4000 ??

beachcomber,

That $4,000 was for the basic program, little or no extras. I don't think I'd pay 5,000 pounds (how do you make the pound symble on a US keyboard anyway?) for any CAD program. I would have stayed with Cadkey (KeyCeator) if I couldn't get SE at the price I did.

Hi Moldcore
Welcome to the rip-off culture of the UK !!!!
It's standard practice to charge the same figure in ££££ in UK as $$$$ in the US - applies to S/Works, AutoCad etc.
as well as most other things that you can buy both sides of the pond.
The £5k WAS for the basic pack of Part,SheetMetal,Assy and Draft - the 'Classic' pack I think they call it. If you want the 'Box Set' which includes tubing, web publisher etc. it's £6K.
Pehaps we're paying the extra for having a £££££££ sign on our keyboards !!!!
How much is S/Works in US ?? - it starts from around £4k here I think.

Most things are negotiable and CAD software falls into the the most things category. Part of the eqaution is how hungry the sales person is and how much lattitude their VAR allows them.

solid21,

I'm in the US and I just received a notice from my VAR that there is only three days left to get SE with the first year maintenance for $3995 US dollars. That's the basic program with Draft and Assemblies. I'm sure if you contact any SE VAR you would get the same deal, even after the April 1st.. Good luck.

I appear to have caused a bit of a stir here and if I've annoyed anyone with my comments I apologise!!
It makes interesting discussion though.
In reply to all the answers,I am in the UK and I have generally been referring to standard 'list prices' ie. the basic price before any discounts or trade-in allowances.
I realise that there are discounts and offers available - that was never an issue - but if you are a one-man-band like me it's not so easy to negotiate LARGE discounts.
One thing is clear though - software, like most things, IS more expensive in the UK.
I would be very surprised if anyone in the UK can get a seat of SE with 12 months maintenance for the equivalent of $4000 - that's £2133 at todays exchange rates.
No doubt someone will prove me wrong.

Beachcomber

Status
Not open for further replies.