Soil model: vibration roller moving on sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthaivn2019

Structural
Jul 4, 2019
VN
Dear all,

I am simulating vibration roller moving on sandy soil. In abaqus, the attenuation coefficient of Rayleigh alpha and beta is reduced, this coefficient only changes the velocity in the x (V1) and the y (V2) directions.
I am using a Drucker-Prager soil model.
Dynamic / explicit analysis.
The results are at 5m, 23m, 45m: the z-direction (V3) is the same. not seeing the damping of V3 speed. Velocity V1, V2 when there are changing alpha and beta coefficients.
My soil model needs to be weak to show the velocity damping in the z direction (V3).
Can you give me advice and examples of soil modelsls.

Many thanks.
roll3_yv647e.png
roll2_qumuyd.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Using uniform sand you more likely will get the material to migrate out from under your footing (or compactor) under vibration compaction. It will depend on any surcharge load beside it

I'm not sure what parameters you need for abaqus. Maybe you could provide a list and we can direct you to some references.

Just curious as to why you are working on this? This type of FEM doesn't seem very applicable to the real world.

Dear all,
This is the input parameter of the material:
*Material, name=Material-2
*Density
*Elastic
2.1e+11, 0.3
*Material, name=soil
*Damping, beta=0.00628319
*Density
*Drucker Prager
*Drucker Prager Hardening
50000., 0.
75000., 0.001
150000., 0.002
216000., 0.1
*Elastic
2.5e+07, 0.3
*Expansion
5.6e-06,

I am using sensors to measure ground vibration in the z direction. This vibration velocity in the z direction.
So I need a simulation to compare the results.

Thanks many,

Hoang An

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back