Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Soil Modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisbekakos

Mechanical
Oct 3, 2014
GB
Dear all,

I am a PhD student and I am modeling the behavior of a 3D tyre rolling over a deformable road in Abaqus. I was advised from the Civil Engineering forum to write my topic(question) here since many of you may have faced similar problems with regards of modeling the soil.

I am trying to find some accurate sand,clay, (any type of deformable soil) data in order to run and validate my model.

I would more than grateful (by far more than grateful) if any of you could attach me some reliable soil data(any type of soil) along with the respective criteria that they should be used for.(Drucker-Prager,Mohr-Coulomb,etc)

Thank you very much for your time and for any future reply.

Kindest Regards,
Chris

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

US DOT Fed Highway Administration and Fed Aviation Agency all have many many publications describing engineering properties of soils, no doubt exactly as you require. Search their websites.

you must get smarter than the software you're using.

Strange that they sent you away from their own forum. Do civil engineers only do environmental stuff these days. Soils mechanics was a required course when I was in CE school.

you must get smarter than the software you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back