Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SOL 103 fails before even starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyforever85

Jun 22, 2010
US
I imported an FEM model from a .dat file that contains PSHELL, PBAR, PROD ecc. All the material properties are properly defined (there are a bunch of MAT1 and some Mat8) and they all have density. I added a couple of SPC and set up a sol 103 to check if any component of the model is loose. When I launch the analysis it fails immediately. I have all the properties correct (including density) and the model is overall small (260 CQUAD4). I set up a similar analysis last week for another model and run with 0 problems. I'm trying to run sol103 with EIGRL card

Any idea about what kind of checks I can do in this case? I have absolutely no clue on how to move forward
Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Strange. Try to save the input file (.dat or .bdf) and run via Nastran Executable.
Look like a program (preprocessor) error rather than modeling error.

Look, I created a .bdf file which contains text from this post. It is absolute rubbish from the Nastran perspective and still I get f06 file.
Image_1_yx6hsk.png

Image_2_eigd9y.png

Thank you both. Because it failed so quickly i honestly didn't check what the problem was and if a f06 was available. Anyway, I think the problem was with the generation of BEAM from a different file and SOL103. I tried a SOL101 and it went smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back