Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solar Hot Water Heating 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wstokes

Mechanical
Jun 28, 2006
US
Questions, I am at a plant that uses two instantanous steam driven hot water heaters. These units are given us some problems, all they are used for is are domestic hot water needs. Bathrooms and mop sinks. I wanted to find out some good contacts about going green and using solar to meet are needs........Please let me know..........Woody

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
I wrote my masters thesis on solar distilles. We need to know where you are and how many watts/sq-meter solar energy are you receiving. This data can be obtained from the US government I am sure. Then you can start from there.

Regards,

Golestan,
What book would you recommend for solar energy design.
I mean books that are comprehensive with real life situations.
thanks

You may want to look at using heat pumps. If you have chilled water or condenser water for AC, you can absorb heat from those system and reject it to your domestic system. Generally, these machines have good COP, and would be much efficient than generating steam for domestic water, especially if your not using steam for any other application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back