Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solid Edge 16 keeps closing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

miketwalker

Computer
Dec 3, 2002
US
Solid Edge 16 keeps having a terminating error, and I can't seem to find the log file where it's telling me it's saving it. It happens randomly, sometimes happening almost immediately, sometimes it won't happen for awhile. However, a pop-up comes up saying Solid Edge is terminating. Has anybody had this happen to them before? I would like to know how to fix this so I can get back to work. Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Latest updates installed? They have just posted update 3 a few days ago. I haven't seen this on my system. What is you OS and system specs?

I've been having troubles logging into the website to get the updates, and this is a new system I've installed it on. This is the only program I've had this problem with, all my other programs work perfectly fine. I'm running an ASUS motherboard with an Athlon XP 2700+ processor, 512mb DDR Ram, and a GeForce FX 5200 video card. Are there any alternate websites for updates? I haven't been able to resolve my issues with their site. Thanks again.

Problems like these can and should be resolved by your dealer who can also resolve your problems with the web site. As far as I know, there is no other site for downloads, do you have a WebKey? You need one to access the download area and your dealer can help you get one.

I don't see your video card on the list of approved cards, GeForce cards are not recommended for cad work but I do have an old GeForce3 at home that seems to run Solid Edge ok. I have a Quadro4 750 XGL here at work that works ok but not as well as it should.

Here is a link to the SE ver16 video card test site:

I have also had problems (r15). Make sure you have the latest updates and the latest video driver. I also defrag my computer two or three times a week. My Solid Edge still locks up occasionally but now it is only twice a month instead of several times a day. I know this is not a real fix but dealing with tech support can be time consuming and it can get you by until your current project is thru.

Often, setting the Application Display to Backing Store will resolve graphics related aborts.

Alternately, try backing the Hardware Acceleration slider off a single notch. This setting is found under Display Properties - Settings - Troubleshoot.

Changing drivers should be a last resort, as it can introduce more problems than it resolves.

I agree with checking the UGS Website for the latest certified/tested graphics cards/drivers.

Regards,

Kevin

I've had this problem running SEv12, and v16 on a DELL Precision laptop (P4 2GHz, 1Gig RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 500 GoGL). I thought the crashes were due to a memory leak somewhere.

I installed a freeware utility to track my memory usage in order to see if it was a memory leak. Although I have never seen my memory usage go above 95%, since installing the memory tracking program, I haven't crashed since. I installed the program in January.

There are a few different freeware memory tracking utilities. The one I use is Rainmeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back