Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

solid edge DFT style

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrahim21

Mechanical
Jan 25, 2011
CA
looking to create a style template where i can go to the dim style mapping and select this style. I've tried to save it on the network where others are capable of using the style i created but for some reason only works when u start a new drawing. Looking to be able to use it on exsisting drawings that are already saved on the network. any help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

'Style' are saved down as part of the .dft file, hence usually propagated by using a template with them in.

Not sure if there's a good way of pulling that 'style' into an existing draft file.

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

Depending on how much you've customized the style you're trying to apply, you could always use the style organizer to copy styles from one draft to another. The reason I say it would depend on the extent of customization is that it requires a fair number of mouse clicks to copy a style and may not be quicker than just making the changes. But if you search through Solid Edge Help for "organizer" you'll find some help on how to do it. I'm just about to head out for the evening, but if you still need help, post and I'll try to assist in the morning.

Jason

I went through the style organizer but when i click organize i keep getting a message saying " The material library is not available for write access." any ideas on how to access this material library?

I get the same message on my workstation and am assuming it has something to do with not having admin privileges. If you just click OK to clear the message you'll be able to navigate in the "Styles available in:" to the draft file that contains the style you want and copy it over. I don't know why SE wants to look in the material table first but it does...

Jason

you could do that but what we are looking for here is away when we have to modify an exsisting drawing we want to be able to click the dimension style from (ie. ANSI (inch) style using a black font to a "special" using a red font for dimensions and other colors for callouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back