Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solid Edge Graphics Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shades248

Mechanical
Jan 20, 2009
US
I have a Quadro FX570 graphic card and my Solid Edge is running very slow. It just skips around when moving the drawing and the dimensions will disappear and reappear after a few seconds when scrolling the part on the screen. Any suggestions of a new or better graphics card?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What driver version are you using?

I just recently had some major graphic errors causing BSOD. I haven't changed anything in my computer setup. Found out that BOINC was causing the error when processing on the CUDA GPU. Never did before, but an update to BOINC fixed it.

Are you running any processes in the background?

--Scott

Yea let us know what driver your using also what OS? We had to go down on our driver version to 8.1.6.7 Driver Date 11/4/05. Plus we had do this due to our dual screens.

I'm running FX3450/4000 and other computers in here are running FX570. It was weird when we got brand new workstations back in January, the fx's work like crap until we went down a few versions.

Also make sure in Performance Options in windows that you have "Adjust for best performance" selected.

These are just a few things we did to help.

Solid Edge V20

I'm currently using the latest drives from NVIDA. Ive tried about 8 different versions all of them recommend by Siemens tech support. There was no difference in the performance what so ever.

Im running Windows XP sp3.

I also have the dual screen setup.

The only processes I have running in the back ground are anti virus, Auto CAD, and Outlook.

Ok, are you working over a network? Depending on the size of your company and network, it will affect the performance of your system. Check to make sure you anti virus is not scanning every time you save a SE file or open one.

Also make sure in Performance Options in windows that you have "Adjust for best performance" selected.

did you check this??

Solid Edge V20

I run an fx3500 on my system and there is a setting in the quadro control panel for specific applications, make sure SE is checked here if your card has this. I have also had problems in the past caused by things like registry cleaners and antivirus aps mistakenly identifying parts of legitimate programs as bad and when you unknowingly click delete or quarantine your troubles start.

Is it specifically in drawings or is it slow manipulating models?
What is the spec of the rest of the system?
Does it do the same when running SE only?

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

I'm out golfing so I don't have my computer, just a beer. Anyways try this. If you have a key, copy the job your working to your hard drive. Then disconect from the network. Now goto license manager and install the key. Now work off your hard drive and see how it runs. This will tell you if its the network.

Solid Edge V20

It doesn't make any difference if I'm working from the hard drive or the network. In Quardo control panel I did select the SE profile.

My computer is running AMD athlon X2 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, western digital raptor hard drive.

This is happening when I'm in drawings and also when I'm manipulating models.

The same problems happen when I'm running SE only.

Ok, Just want to make sure. Did you do like i suggested? From what we've found here, don't ask me why, even knowing you were working off your hard drive, and still connected to the network, the network some how still affect it. This didn't solve all the problems but it did tell us that the network was part of the problem.

How's your Virtual memory?

Solid Edge V20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back