Solid Edge ST5: Scales list in Draft View

Status
Not open for further replies.

jettocrack

Industrial
Feb 20, 2013
ES
Hello all, I'm new here.

I've moved from SE20 to ST5 (yes, a big step) some weeks ago. In SE20, whenever I created a new view in a draft, I was able both to choose among a series of normalized scales (1:1, 1:2, 1:5...) or just type an exact value (0.5, 0.2...).

In ST5 (MP3 installed), however, the drop-down menu for the available scales just shows one: the scale which best fits the chosed sheet format. I can later change the value, but only typing, since the drop-down menu just shows one option.

Due to my workflow, I use a lot scale 1:1 for a lot of parts in the same draft, which makes the thing a bit slower, since I have to place the view first, adjust the scale typing the number and then reposition it again.

Does anybody know how to define the list of available scales in ST5???

Much thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As you go to place the view on the sheet, before you click to place it, there should be a ribbon bar showing across the top or along the side with a selection box for setting the view scale.

Yes, I know. The problem is that this selection box just shows one choice, which corresponds to the scale automatically selected by the software according the sheet's size. I must type manually the correct value once the view is placed (the numeric field is not visible during view creation).

In SE20 I had a list of numeric values in that same menu, where I could choose the desired value.

Anyway, thanks for you interest.

There should be a "C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST5\Program\Custom.xml" file available that lists all of the draft view scales in the ribbon bar.

If this custom.xml is unavailable (i.e. deleted, permissions, etc.), improperly defined in the SEadmin options file, or incorrectly modified then you would not see a list of view scales in the ribbon bar.

Out-of-the-box (OOTB) custom.xml attached for your reference.

Regards,

-Dave

Much thanks, it was really there. The fact is that we were using an inherited Custom.xml file, in which we configure the holes according to our machinery. Our file lacked any scale info, but I added it with our desired scales and all worked.

This same file, used in SE20 and without any scale info was working fine, and the scales showing. Maybe they moved the scale list configuration to that file in any of the following versions until ST5

Again, much thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back