Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

solid edge visible line display

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlesher

Electrical
Sep 13, 2011
US
I've got ST4 on 32 bit win7, and in the normal model window I've got some edge lines that show through an assembly when they shouldn't.

Here's an example of what i'm talking about:
Link

For awhile I thought it had something to do with the VHL overlay, but as you can see in the pictures, the errant lines remain even with VHL overlay disabled. I do have some pretty thin parts in this assembly, perhaps that is the problem.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the PathFinder tree, right click the part or occurrence and select. From the menu Select Show/Hide component. In the dialog check OFF sketches.
Hopefully this should work.

That was it, looks like I was barking up the wrong tree. I thought it had something to do with VHL tolerance setting like in the drawing view, because I've had to adjust that before. I couldn't find a setting for that in the model view.

Making sketch from other parts of an assembly visible/in-visible is used in a much different way than in this case.
The major use is to make a sketch from a part visible so that it can be used to create assembly level features with reference to other parts in the assembly, that cannot be made in the part alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back