Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solid works graphics performance. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl99

Mechanical
May 10, 2004
US
I am running Solid Works 2004, Service pack 0. Graphics Card is NVIDIA Quad 4 900 XGL.
I installed all recent drivers for the card.
I have the following problem: after I zoom OUT all my notes, dimensions, etc. became scattered all over the drawing or disappear. Some times Zoom fit does not work too.
After several zooms drawing looks normal again. Sometimes I have to quit SW and restart it again.
Does anybody know what should I do?

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you didn't buy maintenance then you shouldn't get support from your VAR or SW. That's the idea of paying for maintenance.

If your running better with "Software OpenGL", then your problem is with your graphics card.

See if your computer passes these hardware requirements. Be sure you have a support video card and driver.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

It's too bad that support/service everywhere is at it's low point these day's. Call about a bill, go shopping or call software support and you get put on hold too long...when someone answers, you either get the run-around or they don't know the answer or they can't help you. That is why forums like this are popping up all over the web. I'm happy someone here was able to help you. Your welcome.

I have just installed SolidWorks 2004 and then 2005 and I am getting a Display Error. When I open a part I see what ever was there previously (The screen does not refresh) and Solidworks Crashes. I think it may have to do with my graphics card since Solidworks 2003 worked fine, but as soon as I upgraded I got this error. It may also be do to some of my display settings. I am not sure! Could someone please help. My graphics card is an HP S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR and I am running Windows XP with 512MB of RAM.

shonico@hotmail.com

It's probably a combination of your graphics card and available memory. WinXP is a hog by itself, and you should consider doubling your memory to 1gb.

Your graphics card is not an approved one for use with SolidWorks, so that is why you are getting display issues. You could try to download the latest drivers for your card, but I think in the end you would be better off (happy) trying to purchase and use an approved card.

You can see which cards are certified for use with SolidWorks from the SolidWorks site.

[green]"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."[/green]
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Check your card to see if it qualifies here:

Also, how did you upgrade SolidWorks? I hope you installed in a new directory as a separate installation instead of as an "upgrade". Upgrade doesn't work and really never has--it should have been removed from the list of options long ago.

If your card is rated OK by the SW site above, I'd recommend checking the FAQ section of this forum and consider a clean reinstall of SW per the FAQs if you attempted to use the upgrade option during SW 2005 installation.

Jeff Mowry
Reality is no respecter of good intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back