Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solid Works 'Print All' options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2010
US
There are many times when an option to print all open drw's in SolidWorks would be very helpfull. I've heard of ways to do this after the file has been saved as a pdf. I am curious as to whether or not there is a way to print all the drw's currently open in a session of Solid Works vs printing one at a time. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Russ

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could batch print files and/or folders using SolidWorks Task Scheduler

I know, its not exactly what you were asking for (files that are open), but for me the files I have open are generally in the same folder location

CADFlyer,
I ran a trial using Task Scheduler and wasn't able to find options for scaling drws to 'scale to fit' which is the default of my SW. That cause printing scales to be wrong. Aside from that it also took more time vs just opening them all and manually printing. I can see this as a usefull tool when in dire need to multi-task. Thank you for your input.

Check out a utility called PAC4SWX, it may help.
"available on line"

--
Hardie "Crashj" Johnson
SW 2010 SP 4.0
HP Pavillion Elite HPE
W7 Pro, Nvidia Quaddro FX580

Thanks guys,
Both the utility and batch process are noted on Solid Works website and look like good options. I'll have to check around and see if I can download these through IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back