Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SolidEdge Hidden Edge Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmarchy

Electrical
Nov 4, 2010
GB
Hi,

I'm having trouble with my SolidEdge Hidden Edge Style since re-installing. I am using v18 and have service pack 12.03 which is the the latest I have access to.

I have a drawing view in a draft and I click it's properties to hide the hidden lines. The trouble is that when I click ok on the dialog box nothing happens. When I return to the properties box, the Hidden Edge check box is still ticked even though I cleared it last time.

I've done it this way for years without any problems however now there seems to be a subtle difference. When I click the tickbox once, the tick goes to a shaded square. Click a second time and it clears - it has never done this before. If the checkbox is ticked and you click, it clears. If it is clear and you click it ticks; never this intermediate step.

The net result is that I cannot hide any hidden detail :(

I have installed this on countless machines over the years and never had this issue once.

getfile.aspx

getfile.aspx

getfile.aspx

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What operating system is it installed on?

We are still runing V19 but on newer windows 7 PC's. There are a number of small glitches.

For similar to you I found having the actual body selected seemed to fix it.

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

I'm also using Windows 7 (x64). There are a few peculiarities but the biggest one of all is that on different Windows 7 machines they have different peculiarities [surprise]

Having the body selected is quite strange....but it does appear to work!!

Odd, but if that is what I need to do then so beit.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've only tried it on one drawing so I'll give it a go as I need to throughout the day. No reason why it shouldn't work though.

V18 was never designed to run on Windows 7 - that could be the problem.
I think the first version certified for W7 was ST3.
You should really be running it on XP Pro.

bc.
Core i5-3570 @3.4GHz , 8GB RAM
Quadro FX4600. W7 Pro 64-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back