Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

solidedge v20 smart dimension hole callouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2010
US
We have 5 solid edge stations all with the same software. One of the stations for some reason messes up all other draft sheets when using smart dimension on hole callouts. Whenever draft sheets are updated on the other systems it loses all info and all you have is leaders with no text. When this happens we have to go into the model itself and edit the holes, save the model and update the draft sheet and the text comes back. Its mind boggling and and costing us time. Can someone please help....

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try going to one of the machines that work correctly and copy the draft template that you use and put it in the same directory on the machine that does not work correct. (I would rename the existing file as old first so I did not overwrite it). I think this should work.

yes, I agree with woody, I think the problem is with the local templates on the problematic machine.
I guess that those templates use a dimension style with a different name or something.
Copying the templates is a simple solution. You can look at the Hole callout tab in the dimension style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back