Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks 2004 Weld Symbols??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjlaughlin

Mechanical
Jul 23, 2004
US
I am a fairly new user to Solidworks (have used UG for years so not new to 3D apps), and I am working on a project that I need to use weld symbols for, but the Weld Symbols under Insert->Annotation-> is greyed out.
Do you have to have a higher version of Solidworks (i.e. Office Pro) to be able to use weld symbols or am I just missing something.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think - no - the first version of SolidWorks I was on, was 2003, and it had most weld symbols. But, it might be in 'Add-In' form - anyone else know?

hahaah oh my gosh i feel so incabable now.

thank you very much.

why is it that in Solidworks 2005 you can just select weld symbols without selecting an edge first?

Something they changed, I guess so people wouldn't be trying to figure out why the icon is greyed out and how to get it active. Back around 98-99, most commands required that you "preselect" something, then select the command. They have been changing that philosophy over the years by now allowing both methods.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2005 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2
SolidWorks 2006 SP3.0 on WinXP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back