Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SolidWorks 2006 & M$ Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilbert247

Mechanical
Dec 22, 2004
GB
This may be a question for the SW2006 Beta testers, I'm not sure...

Can anyone confirm/deny a rumour that SW2006 does not support Microsoft Office 2000?

If this is true then have companies moved over to Office 2002 or Office XP?

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

thread559-125520

checkout this thread

SolidWorks 2005 SP01.1
Intel Xeon 2.8GHz 2GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro FX700 128MB

It would seem that I have used the wrong terminology.

What I should be asking is, is EXCEL2000 "SUPPORT" in SW2006.

Regards

What do you mean? - Are you asking is there support for Excel 2000? - If so contant M$ to find out.

SW doesn't support your Excel questions, even if it's in SW as a DT - You can ask quesitons in regards to custom SW properties in Excel, but not a direct Excel problem.

Please advise

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
3DVision Technologies

faq731-376
faq559-716 - SW Fora Users

I think dilbert247 is asking whether the SW2006 program supports the use of the MS Office 2000 products. Not whether the SW company offers tech support for it.

On the SW Systems Requirements page they even use the term
Microsoft® Windows® Supported Operating Systems
Meaning that the SW program supports the use of ...

[cheers]
Making the best use of this Forum. faq559-716
How to get answers to your SW questions. faq559-1091
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of. faq559-520

SolidWorks issued a bulletin on 1/6/04 stating that Sw 2005 would be the last release that they supported Office 2000.
This dosent mean that they wont work with Sw 2006 just that SolidWorks wont support it.

The fact that it's not supported doesn't mean that it will not work. It means that SW wont be commited to help you solve issues that eventualy happen.

Excel 97 was long ago unsupported by SW, and I used it successfuly until SW2004, when Office 2003 was installed in my computer.

So you I think that the upgrade is not compulsory. Maybe you can wait and test first if problems arrive. But it's evident that if you want to be on the safe side, you must spend a "few" more bucks.

Regards

I think he is asking that since we were "forced" to upgrade from Office 97 to Office 2000 when we installed SW2005, will we be "forced" to upgrade again with SW2006?

Most users at my previous employer still use Office97 with sw2005. No real problems mentioned.

Jason Capriotti
Smith & Nephew, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back