Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks 2007 64 Vista 64 bit 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cylo

Mechanical
Oct 11, 2007
LB
Hi everyone. I am wondering if anyone else has tried this. I have successfully installed SolidWorks SP0 2007 64bit on Vista Ultimate 64Bit. I am running on a intel Quad Core 2.40 GHZ processor, 2gig of ram and nvidia geforce 8800 640 ram. All drivers are up to date. Solidworks is really slow causing glitches and stuttering on zooming using the scroll button, and when section viewing. I was wondering if anyone is having that problem. Or if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SW2008-SP3 EV supposedly supports Vista x64, so you could sign up for the EV (Early Visibility) program. However, the production release of SP3 should be released very soon (this week ?), and SP3.1 (having full x64 support) should be released shortly afterwards.

NOTE; even though the SP may give support, suitable video drivers may not be available.

[cheers]

Thanks! I was actually able, after a couple hours of searching, to figure out the steps required from the clues given. Installed and seems to be working properly. I'll have to grab SP3 though...thanks again!

JRedH, did you get 64 to work or just 32? I tried to 64 working without any success, but I did get 32 working. If you got x64 to work, please let me know how. Thanks.

I got 2008 SP0.0 to work on 64-bit Vista Ultimate, and it appears to be working fine.
It involves downloading a Microsoft Windows SDK (found by searching for "Microsoft ORCA Tool" on Google, details can be found here: ).
Once it's downloaded, follow the instructions on that page to install the tool. Use the tool to edit the .MSI file for your language, which obviously involves copying the solidworks install DVD onto your hard drive to allow editing.
Directions on how to modify the file can be deduced from searching Google and coming up with this link: As I'm unsure the legality of posting step by step instructions for this, I'll leave it at that. If you have any further questions, perhaps there's a more private way of communicating that would be less of an issue.

SP3 is now available, so the modified msi file should no longer be necessary if you use the full SP3 download.

SW Portal said:
Feb 08, 2008 Microsoft Vista x64 support EV (Early Visibility)
SolidWorks 2008 SP3.0 now includes EV support for Vista x64. Select the x64 Edition from the Download Center. The full release will be with SolidWorks 2008 SP3.1 which will follow shortly after the release of SP3.0. For details see

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back