Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

solidworks 2007 xp on windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurujeff33

Mechanical
Feb 9, 2008
US
I was able to get 2007 installed and working on windows vista home premium but I can't load any service packs. I've tried loading SP0 to SP5, 0 to 4.0, I heard that 2.2 might work so I'm trying to find that. Also I've read some other threads that mention a compatability mode.

I'm not sure what that is and where to find it?

Has anyone got 2007 working at the latest service pack or have any helpful information?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are no Service Packs for SolidWorks 2007 on Vista.
There is only a SW2007 Vista Pre-Release version and it is not a supported version. So if you run into any problems you will have to deal with them yourself because there will be no service packs offered.

It sounds like you installed the XP32 version and are able to run it on Vista. 2008 is Fully Supported for Vista and will be able to get Service Packs. It's also a much better version of the Software in my opinion. MAny of the problems that weren't addressed in 2007 SPs have been fixed.

Michael

yes I installed the xp32 version and I was wondering if anyone has done the same and loaded a SP higher than sp0?

unfortunately my company has not yet upgraded to 2008 so I can't upgrade due to compatability issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back