Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SolidWorks 2010 Drawing Custom Property Question 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHilditch

Mechanical
Nov 5, 2010
US
Hi all,

I am trying to set up a drawing custom property in order to make filling out my company's information intensive title block less time consuming. I have managed to create an acceptable template via Property Tab Builder that links to the designated places in the title block. However, I didn't realize at first that because it is a drawing custom property it would apply to ALL of my sheets within an assembly drawing (which makes complete sense now that I'm thinking about it). As my sheets do not each contain the same exact information (i.e. part name, part number, ect. for sub assemblies and parts), is there any way to use the same Custom Property template but be able to edit each sheet separately without it affecting other sheets? I realize that I may have to mod the tab to just include all the information that doesn't change sheet to sheet and manually edit the ones that do. I just want to make sure there is absolutely no other way to get my desired results.

Thanks!
-Allie

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Good news, I've get everything set up the way I wanted! Thanks to every one who helped me out and special thanks to the stars! I was shocked at the level of helpfulness! Keep up the solid work everyone :)

You bet! We're here to help. This forum has a great bunch of experts, and will help out in a pinch!

Fyi, you might want to setup a signature with all your hardware and software versions. It helps us out helping you.

Colin Fitzpatrick (aka Macduff)
Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2010 SP 3.1
Dell 490 XP Pro SP 2
Xeon CPU 3.00 GHz 3.00 GB of RAM
nVida Quadro FX 3450 512 MB
3D Connexion-SpaceExplorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back