Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SolidWorks 2015 can't open future version, HUH?! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctopher

Mechanical
Jan 9, 2003
US
We are using 2015 SP2.1.
Every week when I open a drawing that I have been working on, it suddenly will not open and I get the error "Can't open, future version"
WTF!

VAR is no help again.

Chris, CSWA
SolidWorks '15
SolidWorks Legion

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have seen this and I cannot explain why it happens, but I usually shut down all my files and it reopen that file and its fine. However that doesn't sound like that is not going to help your problem. It might be that your file is corrupting, which would require a VAR to send your file onto SW to get fixed, if it is corrupted.

Of course if its not the file, then your installation and you might need to be repaired or you need to do a clean reinstall.

Good luck Chris!!

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

I've had the same issue opening a 2014 file using SW 2015. I guess I wasn't paying attention, because the file I was trying to open was a temporary file. For some reason, that gives the "future version" error.

Hope this helps some people

Disruption in the space-time continuum?
We just passed "Back to the Future Day"...
Maybe there were some minor timeline events happening leading up to it?

David
Connect with me on LinkedIn. Quote: "If it ain't broke, I must not've fixed it good enough"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back