Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SolidWorks & COSMOS 2007 SP0 have been released 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not noticed that at all. I am using the Quadro FX 1100. The graphical glitch i saw was when I had the Tools\Options window open and part of it wnet missing because of another explorer window I had open.

Idid recently get a 2 drawing files one from SW06 and one while working on it in SW07 as a SW07 file, corrupt on me. THe SW06 file would not save to the new SW07 version. SW is looking into the issue. Other then that I have not seen much else.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

I just finished reading that....I find it interesting how many times I've read that similar thread everytime a new release comes out. It's like reading the same thing over and over again.

Anne Van Epern
C.G. Bretting Mfg., Ashland, WI

SW 2006 SP4.1 DBWorks 2005
Quadro FX 3000
Pentium 4 2GHz 1GB RAM
WinXP 02 SP2

At SW is not like AutoCAD and does things like that... AutoCAD won't allow bashing of their product... I think sometimes bashing of a product will make them try harder... AutoCAD never done anything for their customers so when they bashed the product they removed the thread... because they didn't plan to help their follow customers... JMO

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

Yeah, while I can't trace the SPRs from the beta's, in contrast to the folks on the 'official' forum, allmost all bug reports I filed got fixed in later releases, so people at SW do listen...
Personally I feel that 2007 SP0 is the most stable SP0 release I've seen (2001 and up), better than SW2006 SP1.

Stefan Hamminga
EngIT Solutions
CSWP/Mechanical designer/AI student

Working for a VAR I see it in a much different light then you as a user. Being in this position I can tell you this SW is making a system that is going to be benefit the users so much more. Its going to take some ability to overcome the changes, but in the end (like always with SW) it will be much better in the end for all customers.

JMO again!
Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

SW07 is dropping support of Win2000. Does anyone know if this affects the SW07 Viewer? I am wondering if anyone has (or can) checked to see if the Viewer will work with SW07 files and Win2000?

My VAR was semi-clueless.

My problem is there are a lot of Viewer users in my company that are still on Win2K, and their Department Head does not have the buget to upgrade his users to newer operating systems. If I could know for sure that the SW07 Viewer works on Win2K then upgrading is a non-issue for usu.

[green]"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."[/green]
Steven K. Roberts, Technomad
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

MadMango.

We had the same problem a while back with the SW viewer. We have some people in Windows 98. It was at that time we went to E drawings for our viewer and this seems to work just fine for us anyway.

Roger

Thanks for the info Bradley. I guess I'll try rporter's appraoch and get everyone to try eDrawings.

[green]"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."[/green]
Steven K. Roberts, Technomad
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back