Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyDill

Mechanical
Mar 17, 2011
US
thread559-255512

Hello,

This is my first post here, though I have found this site many times in looking for answers to my Solidworks woes.

I'm trying to do a simple animation in Solidworks 2010 SP4.0 x64.
I'm having the same problem as the referenced thread. But the thread was closed and no solution mentioned. I have a work around, but there has to be a fix for this somewhere.

I have a camera following a path from t=0 to t=10sec (the full length of the animation). It took me a few tries to get the camera to work the way I wanted it to and I feel this might be where it went wrong.

Basically the animation won't follow the camera path. It zooms out and watches the camera move, unless I set the time to zero, right click on the camera and select "camera view". Every time I move the slider back to zero, though, it turns the camera view off. This is annoying, but the big problem is when I start to save it as a file. As soon as I do it kicks me off the camera again and I'm in a race to reselect the camera view after it renders the first frame but before it renders the second frame.
The "Lock camera position except when editing" box is checked in the camera properties.

If I don't try to do anything, after it finishes the render, it goes back to the camera view.
And my CAD support people are totally useless.
Anybody have an idea?

Thanks in advance!
~Casey

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well now I feel silly, but since the person before me didn't post a response, here is the solution.

In the Motion Study Menu (bottom left) there is a tree. One of the items in the tree is "Orientation and Camera Views". Selecting the start key point, right click on th icon for the "Orientation and Camera Views" and select "camera view".

Why this is listed in two locations and only works from one I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back