Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks built-in icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

neshom

Mechanical
Feb 7, 2016
AU
Does anyone know where (what dll or exe) the built-in icons of Solidworks are saved? I have made an add-in and I'd like to use some of the built-in icons like "Change Transparency" in my add-in.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

natepiercy said:
Google knows. Just a friendly reminder that ...

Just a friendly notice that you do not have to respond IF you do not understand the question. I am looking for the location of the BUILT-IN icons used in Solidworks toolbar/menu and not how to change macro icon!!

A simple search within the C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp folder for 'transparent' will give you what you want. In this instance, it's a png file.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWE
My Blog

JMirisola said:
A simple search within the C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp folder for 'transparent' will give you what you want. In this instance, it's a png file.

This was the first that I tried before posting in the forum. It is not there! transparent.png is different and is for edrawing and not Solidworks!

Here is what I am looking for (highlighted with arrow - as an example):
2016-03-17_104601_nvpgg6.jpg

I also looked into lots of dll and exe files in SolidWorks Corp path, but with NO luck!

Any suggestion?

I usually just use "print screen" and paste into paint. Then I modify to isolate the icon I want into the upper left hand corner, set the pixels to 16x16, and save as a bitmap. Any white space on the the perimeter becomes the toolbar color, in my experience.

Not the best way, I guess, but I have used this method multiple times to create my own versions of buttons through macros and "reassign" a specific icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back