Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks, Cadman (3DCONNEXION) and Excel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMatt

Electrical
Nov 25, 2003
US
I'm becoming annoyed with my Cadman motion controller when I'm working with design tables in Solidworks.

I always 'edit table in new window' which loads excel and my design tables in, you guessed it, a new window. When I close that app and it starts to apply the changes, the mapping window for the Cadman comes up EVERY time.

I have no idea how to fix this, I'm running the current drivers and I'm doing nothing unusual with Solidworks/Excel.

I realize this is probably a Solidworks/3DConnexion tech support problem, but we all know how helpful those folks are.

Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well since you are unwilling to contact 3DConnexion support then you are SOL, because that issue would most like reside in the drivers of the input device and 3dconnexion should be aware or it. If they push the buck back to SW then I guess you would have to call SW and tell them the entire story about how you talked to 3Dconnexion and they push ed the buck to you guys. I'm sure SW would look into this issue as they have looked into many issues for me in regards to my spaceball.

But since all the Tech support guys suck in all areas, I guess you are just SOL.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
3DVision Technologies

faq731-376

Sorry to offend you, but I've been down the tech support roads already. I was looking for someone who may have had a similar problem and solved it. You apparently have not. I usually exhaust all options including FAQ's and calls to the VAR before I post here, so thanks for the SOL, you have been very helpful, Scott.

Then you need to leave the Negative comments out about the Tech guys, because that isn't helping your posts here.

I realize this is probably a Solidworks/3DConnexion tech support problem, but we all know how helpful those folks are.

From the begining of your post your not professional about it. I'm sorry you have had a bad experience with the Tech support. But that doesn't mean you can group as all together. Maybe you are rude from the get go about a problem and that;s why your expereinces with support have not been the greatest. I don't know, but you should think about what you are going to post before you post it.

However if you would have read the post more throughly you would have notice that I mentioned that the problem is in the drivers and 3DConnexion and SW needs to be made aware. If you have done that already and they can reproduce it then you need to find away to prove it to them... try making a SW RX of the issue then sending that in. That will doing nothing but help you and everyone involved.

But since you pay no attention to the facts that I placed out there for you, I was obvisously no help.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
3DVision Technologies

faq731-376

I have the Spaceball 5000 USB and had a similar situation. Whenever I closed a drawing, the mapping panel would pop-up. I found that if I used the 3DxWare Control Panel INSTEAD of the Mapping Panel to program the buttons, the issue quit.
I think somehow their was a button programmed using the same action to close a drawing in SW as opening the Mapping Panel.

Flores

Not that it matters but...
Even though mfshaddow did not personally attack anyone here, he was personally attacked.

I told him the truth that he was probably SOL because he stated straight up Support was worthless. I did not personally attack him I called it like I see it. If you or mfshaddow disagree that's not my fault as I don't have the chip on my shoulder about tech support people. If you have never done this job you don't understand, nor have the true respect for what we do while in the trenches.

There are probably some lazy people out there that do support, but I put 110% into my job to make the customers happy and I do the same out here when I am able to get out here.

The personal attacks came after his reply.
so thanks for the SOL, you have been very helpful, Scott.

To me that was a bit of a personal attack, however that is my opinion and you guys have yours. Not attacking you in any way here smcadman. Just pointing out where I think you are a little wrong.

Thanks for the feedback to this issue, it's helpful. Hopefully that will answer his question.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
3DVision Technologies

faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back