Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SOLIDWORKS CRASHING WITH HOLE DIMENSION AND HOLE CALLOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

juscomar

Aerospace
Mar 21, 2011
GB
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has had this issue in the past and had found a remedy?

Only ever happens when attempting to dimension a Hole or diameter or with hole call out. everything else is fine.

Doesn't crash but just hangs and never comes back to life

I am thinking the Machine needs a fresh start?

Cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey Cor,

XP 64bit

SW2010 prof.

Have already tried system regedit reset - no avail...

Repair? skeptical, do you think this will work? I am thinking
its a start from scratch problem, only because the regedit reset didn't help

Thanks for your feedback

Know issues exist with some hole types. See your VAR, I guess.

--
Hardie "Crashj" Johnson
SW 2011 SP 2.0
HP Pavillion Elite HPE
W7 Pro, Nvidia Quaddro FX580

What happens if you take a normal dimension and try to add the diameter symbol to it? If that blows up on you, it might be a problem with your gtol.sym file.

Eric

A repair might work. It should do more than just reset the registry, but is a lot quicker than a full, clean uninstall and re-install; But if you haven't "started from scratch" in a while, it might freshen things up all around.

Thanks all,

I think refresh it is then...

Eric, thanks for that one, will have a look at that issue when I get back into the office in the morning. Might be the issue, lets see, will update in the morning.

Tried playing around a little more before steam started leaving the eardrums and found that i could get a hole dimension out when using Auto dimension.

ODD!

Think there is another profile on this computer with solidworks installed too. might hunt around and try and uninstall it from that profile, or at least do a regedit reset with that one...
Thanks for the help everyone

J

Hi All,

Can add dimension symbol to all any dimension

Can even add a dimension to the edge/centerline of a circle (Holding Shift) but just not the diameter.

Will update after solidworks repair

Regards,

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back