Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks Installation Problems - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlack

Mechanical
Aug 9, 2005
US
I am trying to install Solidworks 2005 SP4 License Manager on a Server 2003 SP1 server. I get almost done with the install and recieve a 1722 error: There is a problem with this Window installer package. A program run as part of a setup did not finish as expected...contact support..etc, etc. Has anyone had this problem or seen this error? It does not see the server or license when trying to add in the Server list, but the dongle and license seem to be fine. Anyone?

Thanks in advance...

Mlack

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Stupid question, are you installing it on the actual server or installing it from another machine to the server? The reason I ask is we received an error meesage when installing the admin image from a machine if it wasn't the server itself

Just checking

Thanks to both of you for the input. I am actually installing on the server itself, so it shouldn't be related the the image you are describing. I will try the new installer package and let you know. Thanks again you 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back