Solidworks Interference Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Houdini

Aerospace
Jan 22, 2021
US
Hello everyone,

I have a large assembly and I want to run an interference check on. The run time is fine and it completes in a few minutes. My question being, is there anyway (at the part level) to set a specific part as "ignored" so the interference detection does not pick it up. I am having an issue with 1000's of helical inserts being detected as an interference and I have to manually ignore their interference.

I realize that I could change how holes and the inserts are physically so they do not touch, but that would require and insane amount of work and may break references over thousands of assemblies.

Does anyone have any solutions? Thank you for your help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, Harry:

There are a couple of things you can do at part level. If you hide body of your springs, SW won't detect interferes with these springs.
Alternatively, you can make your spring as "IsFastener", then SW will place all the interferences with these spring in a special folder named "Fasters folder".

Also, as Jboggs mentioned, you can suppress all of the springs. Then SW will ignore them. You can also make your springs as envelop parts. SW won't do interference detection to envelop parts.

If I were you, I would use "Advanced Select" to suppress the springs.

Best regards,

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back