Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks motion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomerSooner7

Industrial
Aug 4, 2008
US
I just started using Solidworks premium 2010 and I want to try out the event-based motion, however I cannot seem to find the buttons for "event-based motion view" and "timeline motion view" Please help!

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Boomer,
First turn on your Simulation Motion add in. Then select the Motion Study tab at the bottom of the page. Then select Motion Analysis from the dropdown box on the left. A button will appear by the double arrows on the right that are used to minimize and maximize the Motion Manager. It looks like a tiny timeline or something. Once you press the button you will be in the event based motion manager.

Cheers

SW/PDM Wkgp 2008 SP 2.0
Dell 490 XP Prox64 SP 2
Xeon CPU 3.00 GHz 8.00 GB of RAM
nVida Quadro FX 4600 768 MB @162.62

Still don't see it. Does the event based motion require Solidworks simulation professional or higher? I have Solidworks premium that includes simulation and motion, but do not seem to have the event-based motion feature.

I was doing some reading, and it turns out like you speculated, you do need Simulation Professional, or Premium (the next steps up from SolidWorks Premium) to have this button available. Sorry.

2009/2010 Premium

I had the same problem. Its not realy clear for me still..
i.e. if you ckeck this link (SW product matrix):

and look under the tab 'analysis products', you get the impression that SW premium should be enough to have full capabilities regarding SW-motion.

Even weirder is when you have set up a motion analysis and right click the comprehensive assembly (in the motion manager), you can choose to switch to Event based motion view. But if you click it, nothing happens other than when you right-click the comprehensive assembly again, you can switch to timeline view » SEE ATTACHMENT

weird..

I sure do hope so. Im quite excited to animate in SW with a decent motion simulator.
I will call my agent today to ask if he knows whats going on with this.
I'll report back

allright, checked with me agent.
He confirmed that you need to have SW professional simulation or higher to use event based motion.

sucks

(gonna check it @ home anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back