Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Solidworks PDM Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWKennedy

Mechanical
Dec 8, 2009
US
A sister company of ours has a problem with their ePDM. They are getting an error that says:

Failed to register the COM DLL
'C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\SOLIDWORKS\SOLIDWORKS PDM\Plugins\EPDM\{C52D573B-057B-4CB3-A357-4FE5-31251826}\Dispatch64.DLL'.

"Could not load file or assembly
'file:///C:\Users\\AppData\Local\SOLIDWORKS\SOLIDWORKS PDM\Plugins\EPDM\{C52D573B-057B-4CB3-A357-4FE5-31251826}\Dispatch64.DLL' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest."

The problem only incurred when they started upgrading their computes. Any old computers evidently work fine, but anything new gets the error and ePDM shuts down. I'm working from 3rd and 4th party information, so I don't have much more than that. I can't find any duplicate errors while searching the internet machine that involve Solidworks, most involve visual basic. Does anyone have a place I can lead them to start?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Anyone that is able to use their computer is on windows 7, any new computers are all windows 10 and they can't get them to work. Solidworks version 2017 SP03, few of them on SP05, and any new installs are SP05. I can't find anyone that knows for certain what version of windows their server software is, it is believed to be 2012. Noone seems to know what version SQL either.

Sounds like the DLL has not been registered. Possibly a permissions issue during install.

Click "Start", type Cmd but don't hit enter. Right-click on "command prompt" and click "run as administrator". Then type:

regsvr32 "C:\Users....etcetc"

and hit "enter". Make sure the file path is in quotes because it contains spaces.

I had a hunch about the Windows version.
We have the same issue. We updated two PCs to Windows 10 (SolidWorks 2017). We are currently waiting for our VAR to see what the issue is.
I suggest they contact their VAR.
We are also currently in the process of updating our server to transfer all remaining PDMWorkgroup files to PDM; then remaining 2017 to 2019.
A lot of work because of our security.

Chris, CSWP
SolidWorks '17
ctophers home
SolidWorks Legion

Security appears to be a big problem for them as well. Most of their local IT has had their permissions removed so getting into the server where the files are housed has been a giant PITA. Complaining about new protocols being installed that are conflicting with old ones. Their VAR has supposedly not been much help either. "It appears to be a windows 10 update issue", which is why we tried their computer with our Vault and it works perfectly for us.

As for the CMD prompt:

Experimenting on the computer we borrowed from them, running the regsvr32 on the client side didn't appear to help, ended up with the same error and PDM closing. Does that need to be performed on the server client?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back